Help change health care; help change the world. We want to change the lives of those in our care - and the people who choose to take on this challenge. If you're ready to change lives, we want to hear from you.
The Peri-operative department surgical team is well known for our community focused culture and our collaborative team approach to deliver great patient care in the South East Region. We have been recognized for patient likely to recommend and patient satisfaction for several years, ranking first and second within the entire Banner System. This department covers both Banner Ironwood and Banner Goldfield. We have four rooms at Banner Ironwood and two and Banner Goldfield. There are active Endoscopy, Orthopedic, General, Gyn, urology and CMF programs. We are excited to offer a surgical robotic program for our community to have state of the art surgical care where they live.
As the Registered Nurse Manager you will bring your leadership experience and passion for health care to our Surgery department! You will have the opportunity to build relationships with leaders and staff with the goal of making an impact on our patients at such an important time in their lives. You will be a leader that embraces change and can be an active and engaged change agent; dedicated to the needs of our patients and families. Steadfast to safe, kind, effective, efficient, evidenced-based and high quality clinical care, outcome focused and solution oriented.
Full time 40 hr/wk day shift Monday-Friday 8am- 4:30pm with call and holiday requirements. Enjoy an 18%-night shift differential and a flat rate $3/hour weekend shift differential.
If you are a New Graduate Nurse with less than 12 months of experience, please visit the main job search page and under the Job Type filter, select New Nurse Experience.
Banner Ironwood Medical Center is committed to meeting the ever-changing needs of the southeast communities of metropolitan Phoenix. Our first patient tower has 47 beds, including eight LDR rooms and can accommodate up to 86 beds when fully equipped. We also feature a full service emergency department, four surgical suites and medical imaging services. With our 80-acre campus, more than 500 beds and supporting health services could be built on our site. This means an exceptional opportunity for you to establish a career where the potential for growth is limitless.
POSITION SUMMARY This position plans and provides clinical support to patients and staff. Demonstrates clinical expertise of the assigned area. Provides leadership in clinical, financial, and personnel management within the department.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Oversees the operations of the unit to ensure smooth and efficient patient care management. Assures appropriate patient assignments to beds and staff. Completes daily rounding on patients and staff to ensure quality provision of care.
2. Manages the unit to ensure patient and employee satisfaction while promoting safety and retention. Serves as a real-time resource and assists with clinical expertise for unit staff and physicians for problem-solving on patients, processes, and family issues.
3. Coordinates quality initiatives and process improvements. Aligns and manages to metrics.
4. Develops leadership skills among staff including communication, decision-making problem-solving/critical thinking and employee engagement. Leads the development of staff and supports career advancement opportunities. Functions as a role model and encourages staff to participate in their own development.
5. Facilitates unit meetings and shared governance / leadership efforts.
6. Responsible for selection, orientation, on-boarding, and retention. Demonstrates leadership through coaching, performance evaluations, corrective actions, and development opportunities to create a culture of learning.
7. Assists in the development of the operational and capital budget, provides daily operational resource management including staff, supplies, and equipment, and ensures optimal productivity for the department.
8. Supervises clinical unit staff to ensure excellent patient care. Participates in activities that foster management skills while enabling staff to care for patients, determine schedules, edit time cards, research budget issues and order supplies. Internal customers include patients, staff, and physicians. External customers include patient family.
Must possess a strong knowledge and understanding of nursing and healthcare as normally obtained through the completion of a bachelor's degree in nursing. BSN required for all individuals entering the role effective 2/1/2016. BSN required for internal transfers/promotions within 6 months of transfer/promotion.
Requires a current RN license in state of practice. BLS Required. Additional certification or continuing education may be required based on area of practice.
Must possess at least 1-2 years of clinical experience relevant to patient population. Demonstrates knowledge and skills of specialty area. Requires critical thinking, communication, influence, decision-making, analytical, and flexibility skills to make optimal decisions based on multiple variables and desired outcomes. Requires the ability to balance clinical skills with supervisory authority. Must have the ability to consider the ultimate impact of decisions on the unit. Must have the ability to practice skills according to department and professional standards and quality requirements. Requires New Leader Experience certification within one year.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R21223
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.