Every day, almost 30,000 Hartford HealthCare employees come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
Our epilepsy center is in a time of exciting and explosive growth in an effort to bring outstanding care to all the people in Connecticut. We have expanded from one main EEG site to a system of coordinated inpatient and outpatient EEG services. We view our EEG supervisors as vital aspects of our system, ensuring high quality care and strong relationships with care partners as well as the patients we serve. We have 10 epileptologists and offer the full range of treatments including intracranial EEG and all nature of surgical treatments.
Hartford Hospital is one of the largest and most respected teaching hospitals New England. We are a Level 1 Trauma Center that provides cutting edge treatment to its patients. This is made possible by being home to the largest robotic surgery center in the Northeast and the Center for Education, Simulation and Innovation (CESI), one of the most-advanced medical simulation training centers in the world. When hospitals cannot provide the advanced care, expertise and new treatment options their patients require, they turn to us.
The System Supervisor will have primary hospitals and also cover in other regions. The supervisor in the Hartford Region has responsibility for Hartford Hospital, Backus, Windham and Norwich outpatient clinic. The supervisor at St. Vincent’s has responsibility for Central region (HOCC, MidState, Outpatient facility in Southington) and Charlotte Hungerford. The each system supervisor is responsible for the daily operations of the Neurodiagnostic lab from overseeing day to day staffing requirements, and quality management. Also focuses on EEG data management and IT sources for computer operations and troubleshooting of equipment. Is the liaison to the other departments.
1. Responsible for daily management of department such as: directs portion of daily huddle, oversees staff shift assignments, reviews staff/monitor ratios, reports interpersonal issues to manager, reports performance concerns to manager, EEG supplies/ storage is up to date, oversight of cleanliness and organization of workspace, maintains tracking board and lean board, triages and assigns incoming orders, advises manager about concerns with shift schedules and FTE requirements relative to load level, demonstrates H3W leadership behaviors in daily work, maintains coordination of care with HH collaborators to ensure the highest standard for patient care and customer service including nurses, ICUs, Diagnostic imaging, Nuclear medicine, Emergency department, Neurology residents and Clinic for EMU schedule.
2. Responsible for EEG data management such as works with IT to develop best practice data storage Database management, filter settings, user access, file designations (education, REC, etc), disc creation, multi-center database sharing, prepping REC files and oversees and collaborates with IT to trouble shoot networking issues.
3. Responsible for Computers and Information such as oversees and collaborates with BioMed fixing individual machines, reviews log for tracking errors, designs standard work for troubleshooting, coordinates Natus and HHC IT, oversees reporting of issues to correct source
Natus, IT,Citrix/ Network team, physician computer maintenance, installs updates/ software,
tests new systems/ equipment, reports equipment issues to manager, assists in the evaluation of new and repaired equipment.
4. Responsible for quality management of the EEG results by overseeing quality of live monitoring, reviews missed or improperly recorded events, oversees quality review, meets and confers with physicians and other health care providers to provide the highest quality care.
5. Assists the System Educator for onboarding new staff to provide effective and individualized learning to include preceptor assignment, scheduling, documentation and evaluation, tracks individual progress for new skills, Wada, SPECT, clinical notes and interpretation.
6. Responsible for all EEG technician competencies and updates to EEG policies to maintain EEG lab accreditations.
7. Responsible for training, troubleshooting and management of operations in all HHC facilities. This includes collaborating with the system educator regarding the training and scheduling of techs from other facilities to other HHC hospitals to gain extra experiences.
Graduate of a school of neurophysiology and/or BS acceptable.
Minimum 5 years clinical experience performing complex EEG evaluations. Competency in EEG related computer hardware and software. Expert level of competency in neuroelectrodiagnostic procedures and knowledge.
Minimum 1 year experience in teaching Registered EEG Techs.
Current Registered EEG Technician (R.EEG.T) through the American Board of Registration of Electroencephalographic (EEG) and Evoked Potential (EP) Technologists.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.
Internal Number: 20153312
About Hartford HealthCare
At Hartford HealthCare, we strive for a balance of career and lifestyle. We offer competitive salaries and benefits, as well as a stimulating work environment that inspires excellence. Join us in our vision to be nationally respected for patient care and most trusted for personalized coordinated care.
About Hartford HealthCare
Hartford HealthCare represents the next generation of integrated health systems, marked by strong patient focus, heightened efficiency, consistent quality performance and open, collaborative sharing of best practices