1. Leads the planning, implementation and evaluation of the nursing process.
2. Promotes an environment that supports family centered Relationship Based Care reflective of the patient population.
3. Builds and retains a talented and inspired workforce by developing, engaging and empowering personnel to fulfill their potential and the UH vision.
4. Collaborates as an integrated team by sharing information, best practices and results openly through practice in a Shared Governance model.
5. Contributes to and facilitates strategic program growth, development and organizational change.
6. Accountable and responsible to the achievement of organizational and financial goals to accomplish University Hospitals Mission, Vision and Values
7. Achieves quality outcomes through the utilization of a performance improvement process.
8. Responsible for self-development and supports a learning environment
9. Demonstrates progressive leadership and effective management.
10. Collaborates with the interdisciplinary team to oversee the quality program and provision of care to patients using evidence based practice and research.
11. Accountable for ensuring regulatory standards are achieved.
* Demonstrates skills in human relations, human & material resource management
Evidence of ability to provide exceptional clinical and administrative nursing leadership
Required Credentials, License and/or Certifications:
* Current RN license in the State of Ohio
* Certification in specialty within one year
Experience & Knowledge:
* 5 years progressive clinical and management experience
* Demonstrates the ability to facilitate change, excellent communication and organizational skills
Special Skills & Equipment Knowledge:
* Knowledge of current technology and equipment to meet patient needs and prescribed medical therapies
* PC and computer applications