Kadlec has an excitingopportunity for a Registered Nurse to join our growing Operating Roomteam\! Our Peri\-Op 101 program includes a combination of didactic nursing andcomputer\-based learning, along with a preceptor\-guided experience\.
ShiftDetails: Full time, 1\.0\. 10 hour variable shifts\. Willtrain on day/evening shift & transition to an available shift aftersuccessful completion of the program\. Ongoing position includes call andweekends\.
Are you an Acute Care RN or a Spring 2017 RN graduate who is seeking an opportunity to become a Operating Room RN? We have an exciting opportunity for you to start the AORN Peri\-Op moduels \(didactic\) before you graduate\!
About our Operating Room \(OR\):
We have just completed construction on our OR expansion\- from 10 to 12 suites\! Our state\-of\-the\-art surgery suites include user\-friendly, integrated technologies, enabling the entire surgical team to work safely and efficiently\. Kadlec provides a full range of services: Cardiothoracic, open heart, laser, neuro, ortho, laparoscopic, lithotripsy, general, GYN, and ENT, plastics, vascular, and trauma with all with the newest technology \(including Image\-Guided Navigation and the da Vinci Robot\)\. Kadlec embraces the standards of Perioperative nursing as formulated by the Association of perioperative Registered Nurses \(AORN\) and the American Society of PeriAnesthesia Nurses \(ASPAN\)\.
- Graduation from an accredited nursing program required\.
- All Registered Nurses without a Bachelor's of Nursing \(BSN\) degree or higher must obtain a BSN within 3 years from date of hire required\.
- Current Washington State RN Licensure required\.
- Current American Heart Association Healthcare Provider BLS required\.
- 1\-3 years of Acute Care RN experience orAcute Care clinical experience, Nurse Extern experience and/or experience working in the Operating Room environment experience required\.
Additional Application Requirements: Please send your resume and cover letter to jobs@kadlec\.org Cover letter should include why you are interested in becoming an Operating Room Nurse\.
Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
As a Registered Nurse you are responsible for the delivery of professional, safe and quality patient care through the nursing assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation\.
- Promotes teamwork, with an emphasis on timely and understandable communication of patient care information to the patient and between care providers across the continuum of care\.
- Provides and documents direct patient care through assessment, planning implementation and evaluation of nursing interventions as indicated to ensure optimal patient outcomes\. Reports changes to appropriate personnel\.
- Administers and documents medications accurately and timely\. Reports discrepancies in medication management to appropriate personal\.
- Collaborates with heath care team and coordinates discharge planning\.
- Communicates accurately and effectively with patients, families, staff and physicians\.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits — see our website for details —
Provide safe compassionate care\. We promise to answer the call of every person we serve; to know them, care for them and ease their way\. We are committed to safety, compassion, respect, integrity, stewardship, excellence and collaboration\.
Located in sunny Tri\-Cities, WA, Kadlec is the largest non\-profit healthcare provider in the region\. Kadlec is the premier choice for customer service excellence, providing compassionate healthcare to the region by combining cutting\-edge technology and innovation with evidence\-based, patient\-focused care\. Kadlec is proud to be part of Planetree \(Planetree\.org\) and continues to be recognized nationally as a "Best in Class Employer"\. Kadlec does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, sex, sexual orientation, age, color, religion, national origin, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State, or Local Law\. EOE\.To learn more, click here: http://www\.kadlec\.org/careers/about\-kadlec
Job Category: Surgical Services \(Intraop\)
Req ID: 152634