| Reading Health System is currently seeking an experienced Pediatric Hospitalist to join our well-established, busy, and rapidly growing Pediatric Hospitalist Program. |
About our pediatric unit/department:
Schedule: Rotation of Day/Night 12-hour shifts, 7:00 AM - 7:00 PM
- A total of 5 Pediatric Hospitalists
- Group of collegial and well-trained Pediatricians throughout the community
- 19 Pediatric Beds with approximately 60 admissions per month; No coverage for deliveries or newborn nursery required
- Pediatric Fast Track in ED
- Only Level III NICU in county
- Planning is underway to create an 18-bed self-contained pediatric emergency department within our 120-bed ED
- An extremely supportive administration that is providing the resources for growing the service
What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefits including health, dental, vision; disability insurance and retirement
- CME allowance
- Relocation assistance
- Occurrence-based malpractice insurance
The ideal candidate is BC/BE in Pediatrics. Recent pediatric hospitalist experience REQUIRED.
Also, current skills in spinal taps, intubation and resuscitation; PALS and NRP certification is required.
Reading Health System is a not-for-profit healthcare center providing comprehensive acute care, post-acute rehabilitation, behavioral, and occupational health services to the people of Berks and adjoining counties. Established as The Reading Dispensary in 1867, the Hospital has since expanded into a leader in tertiary care for this region of Pennsylvania.
Located in scenic Berks County, Reading Health System consists of a 22-building complex located on 36 suburban acres in West Reading. It is licensed by the Pennsylvania Department of Health for 665 acute care beds providing inpatient care for adults, children, and newborns.
Outpatient services of Reading Health System are extended through facilities located throughout the community, including 17 laboratory and 13 imaging centers, Occupational Health Services in Muhlenberg Township, physician office complexes in West Reading, Exeter Township, and Spring Ridge. The latter campus also features a surgicenter, weight management center, and hyperbaric and wound care programs.
Our Mission is to provide compassionate, accessible, high quality, cost-effective health care to the community; to promote health; to educate healthcare professionals; and to participate in appropriate clinical research.