Find what you're looking for in your career, at PacMed as a Cardiovascular Ultrasound Technologist in Federal Way, WA\.
We are seeking a Cardiovascular Ultrasound Technologist to provide complete cardiac and vascular ultrasound evaluations, including but not limited to: stress echocardiograms and vascular physiologic testing, including completion of preliminary reports on anatomical, physiologic, and pathologic data to aid in the diagnosis and treatment of disease\.
This is a full time position \(1\.0 FTE\) and is eligible for benefits\.
This position will travel to all central and south locations \(First Hill, Renton, and Federal Way\)\.
In this position you will:
- Conduct transthoracic echocardiograms and vascular sonograms, including doppler and color\-flow imaging testing\.
- Conduct stress echocardiograms, including cardiac doppler and color\-flow imaging testing\.
- Conduct physiological tests\.
- Assess appropriateness of orders for testing and confers with cardiology or vascular surgery staff when concerns arise\.
- Proof reports\.
- Assess patient needs in terms of urgent care\.
- Oversee scheduling of echocardiogram tests\.
- Clean instruments and equipment before each patient use in a manner that prevents the transmission of disease\. Discard contaminated and disposable items after use in procedures\.
- Assure equipment is in working order and good repair by troubleshooting, calling in for needed repairs and maintaining repair logs and history on each piece of equipment\.
- Order office and medical supplies as needed and maintain an inventory of each\.
- Maintain log and statistics as directed\.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Completion of cardiovascular sonography program or commensurate training\.
- Credentialing through the National Registry – ARDMS as RDCS and RVT; or successful completion of an accredited Cardiovascular Sonography program prior to hire, and certification within one year of employment\. Must maintain credentialing\.
- BLS certification within 3 months of hire\.
- Basic computer working knowledge and skills\.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- 1 year recent experience as cardiovascular sonographer\.
Pacific Medical Center Renton Clinic:
The patient population we care for is culturally and clinically diverse, creating a stimulating and rewarding workplace\. Our strong team environment and mission allow us to provide friendly services that focus on the highest quality patient care\. PacMed's compensation and competitive benefits package will support and enhance a lifelong career\.
The Renton clinic offers both primary care – including Family Medicine, Internal Medicine and Geriatrics– and numerous areas of specialty care from Allergy treatments to Women's Health\. Other services available at Renton include a cardiovascular laboratory, eye care, x\-ray, onsite laboratory and pharmacy\. Interpreter services are also available for our patients\.
Renton sits 12 miles south of Seattle on the southern shore of Lake Washington at the mouth of the Cedar River\. It is also only eight miles from Puget Sound, making it an ideal location for water enthusiasts, fresh\- and saltwater\. Renton is a growing commercial hub, home to a major Boeing plant and the headquarters of Providence Health & Services\.
The Renton clinic is part of Pacific Medical Centers' expanding network of outpatient clinics providing primary and specialty care to the greater Seattle area and employing more than 150 providers representing most medical specialties\. Pacific Medical Centers is affiliated with Providence Health & Services, which operates 28 exceptional not\-for\-profit hospitals and more than 350 clinics across the West\. With hundreds of physician and advanced practice provider opportunities in virtually all specialties at any given time, Pacific Medical Centers and Providence offer diverse locations, lifestyles and practice models\. Find what you are looking for in your next practice opportunity with Pacific Medical Centers\! Learn more at www\.pacmed\.org/providerjobs\.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits — see our website for details —
Our mission is to provide respectful, high\-quality, patient\-focused healthcare to each person and to the communities we serve\.
Pacific Medical Centers \(PacMed\) is a private, not‐for‐profit, multi‐specialty healthcare network in the Puget Sound region\. Our 9 convenient locations are staffed by a comprehensive network of more than 150 primary and specialty care professionals who are committed to providing the highest\-quality medical care and to developing a compassionate, long\-term relationship with each patient we serve\. Our personalized, patient\-centric system empowers and provides patientswith freedom and choices to partner in their care\. We provide immediate access to cutting\-edge technology, first\-class facilities and board\-certified specialists, many of whom have been listed as among "Seattle's Best Doctors\.", PacMed is committed to providing physical activity and wellness opportunities for our employees\. We have been honored as a 2014 Gold Level Recipient of the American Heart Association's Fit\-Friendly Worksites Recognition program\.
Job Category: Diagnostic Imaging
Req ID: 146939