VCU Health System's Noninvasive Cardiology is seeking a Full Time - Cardiac Sonographer Adult to perform cardiac ultrasound studies safely to an age-specific population. To provide initial interpretation under the supervision of a qualified physician for diagnosis, treatment and prevention of diseases. To acquire diagnostic information on patients, perform prescribed testing/exam and enter all computer processing associated with exam.
- Performs echocardiography procedures, echocardiograms and echocardiograph studies.
- Generates computerized preliminary reports.
- Consults with supervisor or physician when necessary.
- Troubleshoots equipment, documents and calls appropriate persons and communicates results to staff.
- Works independently, organizes, plans and prioritizes workload in a complex, dynamic organization.
- Will generally work day shift, may work day and evening shifts, weekends and holidays. Individual shift rotation and schedules will be established with your specific Nurse Manager/Practice Manager. Schedules, including requirements of shift rotations and hours of work may be adjusted as necessary to meet staffing requirements or as is in the best interest of the work unit
- High School Diploma or GED and
- Completion of Certification Training from an accredited Medical Sonographer Program
- Current RCDS or RCS certification*
- Current BLS certification
- Associates Degree in Cardiac Sonography
- Academic medical experience
- 1 year experience in performing cardiac ultrasound
At VCU Health System, our most important assets are not bricks and mortar; they are our team members … all 11,000+ of them. Our workforce is diverse, dedicated and talented. Our team members continue to earn local, regional and national awards and accolades, which is an indicator that they are happy and feel supported working here. And our culture of STAR Service focuses on our common purpose – “Our Caring Service Begins With Me.” – in the provision of the highest level of customer service, which encourages diversity and inclusion.
If you have been looking to take your career to the next level, we have been looking for you. We offer more than 400 work/life benefits including competitive pay, generous benefits, flexible work options, prepaid tuition, on-site child and elder care and much, much more.
For a full position description and to apply visit: www.vcuhealth.org/careers
EOE M/F/Vets/Disabled. VCUHS appreciates diversity and encourages women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities to apply.