Seeking a Per Diem/Days Sonographer for our San Juan Capistrano location:
* Perform obstetric, gynecological, abdominal, thyroid, testicular, non-vascular extremity, carotids, and venous ultrasound examinations
* Perform quality diagnostic ultrasound procedures with competence and proficiency in positioning, technical factors, and equipment use
* Follow ultrasound protocols and procedure manual for all exams performed within the department
* Prepare patients for exams, take medical history, explain procedure and obtain signed consent when appropriate
* Maintain current knowledge of signed consent requirements
* Work efficiently to maintain daily scheduled appointment and when necessary to incorporate unscheduled/urgent/STAT exams into workflow
* Determine appropriate technical factors for optimal data acquisition of exams being performed
* Utilize all equipment capabilities to produce and record optimal images of exams. Differentiate artifacts from normal or pathological processes
* Recognize a diagnostic scan and equipment limitations in performance of an exam
* Knowledge/skills to adapt and acquire the most optimal and appropriate images under such limitations
* Provide all reports, patient history, lab results, and any other medical information with images for Radiologist review. Review images with Radiologist as required
* Follow policies regarding questions to appropriateness of exam ordered, addressing questions to ordering provider, and reviewing case with Radiologist. Follow all directives given by
Radiologist on exam protocol
* Use and maintain equipment according to manufacturer specifications and established department policies and procedures
* Promptly report any equipment deficiencies/malfunctions to supervisor
* Clean and disinfect instruments, supplies, and equipment according to manufacture recommendations and follow all policies regarding disinfection procedures
* Maintain current license including obtaining CEU’s to meet licensure renewal requirements
* Perform any additional/miscellaneous duties (not inclusive of job description) as requested by
the management team within the scope of knowledge/ability.
* Must have a current RDMS certification
* Must have CPR for healthcare provider card
* Qualified candidate must excel in interpersonal communication and customer service and be able to work both independently and as part of a team
* Must excel in organization and attention to details and follow through
* Additionally, must have the ability to problem solve to logical conclusion and demonstrate initiative and responsibility
* Must be able to effectively and clearly communicate (written and verbal) in English.
* 2 year experience with ARDMS license
* High school graduate or equivalent
* Graduate of an accredited school of diagnostic sonography.Minimum of two years of ultrasound experience in a clinical setting.
* Graduate of an accredited school of diagnostic sonography.