Are you an experienced Hospice Director looking to join a major academic medical center? Working within the largest non-profit health care system in Texas? With a lower cost of living, no state income tax, and about a 2-hour drive to Austin, San Antonio, or DFW?
If this sounds interesting to you, please consider the Director of Hospice position within Baylor Scott & White Health. The Director of Hospice plans, organizes, develops and manages the Clinical services of Baylor Scott & White Medical Center - Temple's hospice program, including personnel management and development, program development and management, regulatory preparedness, community awareness development, facilities management, professional development, and the development of a patient focused culture that promotes the BEST Patient Care
PEOPLE: CREATES AND NURTURES A CULTURE WHERE STAFF MEMBERS ARE VALUED FOR THEIR INPUT, PRAISED FOR THEIR ACHIEVEMENT, AND ENCOURAGED TO GROW INDIVIDUALLY AND AS A TEAM.
* Establishes goals for the leadership staff within the agencies. Monitors their progress and encourages them to meet or exceed the set goals.
* Meets with staff and physicians regularly to promote openness of communication, sharing of information, and willingness to involve all levels of staff members in decisions made within the agency and the hospice and homecare system.
* Works to build teamwork between employees, work groups, and clinics.
* Encourages all staff for exemplary performance. Praises high performers, develops mid performers, provide counsel to low performers.
* Partners with agency Medical Director to create an environment where employees and physicians have open communication and work together to develop best practices for the agency as a whole.
SERVICE: CREATES AND NURTURES A CULTURE WHERE PATIENT CARE IS HELD AS THE REASON FOR OUR OPERATIONS IN THE COMMUNITY.
* Monitors patient access reports (phone reports, after hour reports, Qualtiy outcome reports and surveys, etc.) and uses data to address access concerns.
* Works with all levels of staff to identify processes in need of improvement and creates and oversees process improvement teams to implement the best practices.
* Works with other Baylor Scott & White Health leadership to standardize best practices.
* Develops a patient focused culture that promotes the BEST Patient Care.
QUALITY: ENSURES THAT AGENCIES OPERATE IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE STANDARDS OF ALL GOVERNING AND REGULATORY BODIES.
* Works with nursing leadership to develop and maintain JCAHO training and readiness.
* Works with clinical leadership to develop and maintain regulatory compliance, training requirements, and operational readiness.
* Works with agency Council Members (QA/PI, Safety, Fall, Adverse Event, etc) to identify safety risks and assist in developing process improvement plans to address council needs.
* Develop and document ongoing process improvement plans.
* Review and revise Emergency Management Plan annually, and ensure completion of TB testing and MSDS book signature.
COMMUNITY: DEVELOPS AND MAINTAINS ACTIVE, POSITIVE COMMUNITYRELATIONS.
* Is involved in community activities, helping to establish and maintain Scott & White's image in the community.
* Works with Marketing and Physician Relations to ensure the community is aware of changes at the agency and within the Scott & White system.
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT: ACTIVELY SEEKS TO INCREASE INKNOWLEDGE THROUGH JOB RELATED LEARNING.
* Attends local, statewide, and/or national healthcare educational seminars and networking opportunities. Uses the knowledge obtained from educational venues to train staff in best practices and healthcare advances.
* Pursues Career Development by actively participating in the American College of Medical Practice Executives or comparable organizations.
* Performs other position-appropriate duties as required in a competent, professional, and courteous manner
PREFERRED CANDIDATE PROFILE
* Master's degree required
* Director-level Hospice leadership experience within a health system
* Strong business acumen
* Experience with process improvement and streamlining of processes
* Innovative leader with the ability to take a team and move it to the next level
* Strong communication skills to include interpersonal, team-building, and presentations; the ability to conceptualize plans and ideas through implementation
* Master's degree required
* RN license
* 5+ years of experience
Please See Above
Internal Number: 62778834
About Baylor Scott & White
As the largest not-for-profit health care system in Texas and one of the largest in the United States, Baylor Scott & White Health was born from the 2013 combination of Baylor Health Care System and Scott & White Healthcare. Today, Baylor Scott & White includes 48 hospitals, more than 1,000 patient care sites, more than 5,500 active physicians, over 44,000 employees and the Scott & White Health Plan.With a commitment to and a track record of innovation, collaboration, integrity and compassion for the patient, Baylor Scott & White stands to be one of the nation's exemplary health care organizations.